10 Abnormally Large Ships That Actually Exist
► Subscribe: https://goo.gl/vHN6qB
For copyright matters please contact us at: [email protected]
Whether massive megaton tankers or gigantic passenger liners, the world's biggest ships exude a certain magnetism. And seeing these giants in photos and video doesn’t really do them justice unless you’re standing right in front of one. Regardless, we’ve done our very best to bring you 10 Abnormally Large Ships That Actually Exist. Make sure you stay tuned as we saved the BIGGEST for the last.
10. CSCL Globe - CSCL Globe is the first of five identical container ships to be built at the Hyundai Heavy Industries shipyard in Ulsan, South Korea, and they are the biggest container ships in the world. The CSCL Globe has a length of 400-meters, a width of 58.6-meters and a depth of 30.5-meters.
9. The Oasis of the Seas – This ship is part of the Royal Caribbean fleet and is one of the biggest cruise ships in the world, and is 1,187 feet long, 215 feet wide and a 30-foot draft and weighs 225,282-tons. It has 18 decks with 24 elevators to get around the ship. It can accommodate 6,780 guests with 2,742 staterooms and has a crew of 2100 people.
8. The Dock wise Vanguard - is a semi-submersible heavy transport vessel built by Hyundai Heavy Industries in Ulsan for the Dutch shipping company Dockwise. The Dockwise Vanguard is the largest heavy lift vessel in the world. This giant ship has an overall length of 275-meters, a molded breadth of 70-meters, a depth of 15.5-meters and a submerged draft of 31.5-meters.
7. The Sea wise Giant - 50 feet longer than the Empire State Building is high, with a hold that could swallow St Paul's Cathedral four times over, the 564,000 ton was aptly-named ‘Seawise Giant’ and was a supertanker built in Japan in 1979 for a Greek business mogul who, by the time she was ready, either changed his mind or had gone bankrupt and refused to take delivery.
6. The Harmony Of The Seas – This is another Oasis-class cruise ship that was built and constructed for Royal Caribbean International. It weighs a massive 226,963 gross tons and is the second largest passenger ship in the world.
5. MV Blue Marlin – Just imagine a ship so big, that it transports other ships. Believe it or not, such a thing exists. When one needs to transport a large number of ships that perhaps they aren’t ocean-ready, move a gigantic oil rig, like BP’s Thunder Horse PDQ, or perhaps carry a damaged warship home like the USS Cole when it was damaged, the MV Blue Marlin heeds the call.
4. Shell Prelude - Longer than four soccer fields and displacing six times as much water as the largest aircraft carrier, Prelude FLNG is the largest offshore floating facility ever built. It can hold the same amount of liquid as 175 Olympic sized swimming pools. If you laid down 4 football fields end to end, it would still be shorter than the Preludes deck.
3. The USS Theodore Roosevelt – when you’re a defense ship belonging to the biggest superpower in the world, you have to walk tall and carry a ‘big stick’ as the crew of this CVN 71 US Aircraft carrier calls her. The Theodore Roosevelt weighs 104,600 tons and is 1,040 feet, about 332.8meters, long.
2. Symphony of the Seas – Another Royal Caribbean giant, the Symphony of the Seas is home to the tallest waterslide at sea, the ocean's fastest Internet and more works of art than the Louvre has paintings.
1. The Freedom Ship – This is one that just defies all comprehension. Floating around the globe, drifting from country to country, never staying in one place long enough to get bored. If you like traveling, life on the Freedom Ship, the world’s first floating city, would be perfect for you
We hope you enjoyed this video. Let us know in the comments which one of these giants impressed you the most. And if you liked the video, click the subscribe button and you’ll be notified when we release a new video. We appreciate you and want to thank you for watching Interesting Facts!
Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/8wnMY3f7